What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot edit mail accounts

glen4cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having an issue that requires me to make changes to one of my mail accounts on my iPad, but, whenever I go into the Settings and then the Mail, all of the email account settings in the top section where I would normally edit, add and make changes is all greyed out and will not allow me to select any of the accounts to make the changes I need to make.

I have tried restarting the iPad and respringing and nothing has helped.

Any ideas as to what's going on here? I'm currently on 4.3.3 and jail broken. Is this the problem?

Thanks in advance.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Check in settings - general - restrictions that you haven't restricted changes to accounts.

OP
G

glen4cindy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check in settings - general - restrictions that you haven't restricted changes to accounts.

Yes!

Thank you....That was the problem. I did not remember turning that on. I turned on restrictions to keep my daughter from accidentally "feeding" the Talking Gina which happened one time shortly after I installed it for her. Since I had recently put my password in, it didn't ask again, and when it did ask, Are you Sure?, she saw Yes, and pressed it. Mind you, she is only 6, so, one cannot blame her, hence the reason for turning on the restriction.

Thanks again for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts