What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot disable notifications

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I noticed that some Apps send notifications even if they have been fully disabled in settings (eg. the racing game GT Free+ HD). Do you know why and how I can fully disable it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
App store apps cannot normally bypass the rules laid down by Apple and that includes how they handle notifications. It sounds as though you may not have disabled the notifications correctly. Are you sure you disabled it? I would recommend you double check your settings and ensure the app is completely removed from the notification centre etc. then reboot the iPad and see if you get any more from the app(s) in question.

OP
R

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks like reboot solved the issue

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

OP
R

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
unfortunately it happened again; this time it was pop-ups (shooting so many pop-ups that it was blocking the ipad)

i had to remove the app

is it possible that an app bypass ios rules?

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not possible AFAIK. The notification settings are always adhered to by apps.

Most reactions

Latest posts