What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Delete a Calendar

winchestermili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have a iPad Mini and a calendar cannot be deleted. When I try to delete it disappears and then re-appears 30 seconds later. There is no sync to another applicartion. How can I permanently delete a calendar? Many thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a iPad Mini and a calendar cannot be deleted. When I try to delete it disappears and then re-appears 30 seconds later. There is no sync to another applicartion. How can I permanently delete a calendar? Many thanks.

Hello! Welcome to iPF!

Go to Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars, tap the account that you don't want to use in your Calendar, something like this appears:

image-3942943450.jpg

Slide "Calendars" to Off.

Last edited:
OP
W

winchestermili

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JA - Thank you for your help however the calendar persists. I have switched "Off" the Gmail calendar. That did not have any effect. I then switched "Off" the calendars in the iCloiud. That made all the calendars un-available. When switching "Off" the iCloud calendars I tapped the "Delete data from my iPad". Later when I switched the iCloud calendars back "On" then all the calendars returned. that annoying calendar.jpegTherefore the calendar must be in the iCloud. In the screen grab it is the "Keith Work" that cannot be removed. It is not shared - in fact it cannot be shared. Is there a way to access the iCloud to delete a calendar file?? Many thanks for your help

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On your PC, use your browser, go to www.icloud.com. There you'll find your calendar too.

Your screenshot shows that the calendar you don't want to see is an iCloud calendar. You can delete it in the app also.
In the Calendar app, tap Calendars:

image-3906902532.jpg

This appears. Tap Edit (upper right corner), it changes to this view:

image-2844790160.jpg

Now tap the calendar you don't want to use, then this comes:

image-1252060538.jpg

And you should be able to delete it.

If you don't mind having it in your calendar list as long as you don't see the events, simply tap the one you don't need (in your screenshot view), and the check mark disappears. The calendar is still there, but the events shouldn't appear any more.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts