What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot connect my ipad mini with my laptop and itunes doesn't find it

tsiady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Can you please help me because i can't connect my ipad mini to my laptop and when i connect it, it's not charging and itunes also can't find it

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First you said you cannot connect it then say you can. Assuming that you can, in fact, connect it to your laptop, it will not charge your mini. No USB port puts out enough juice to charge any iPad. Use the provided charger to charge it.

That leaves the issue of iTunes not recognizing your mini. Have you hotsynced that particular mini with that particular laptop in the past? Have you rebooted the laptop? Have you rebooted the mini?

Let us know.

Maisielavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HELP PLEASE!!! Got my iPad mini at Christmas and only set up iTunes today, all was fine and copied all my music into it synced it a number of times as I wasn't sure it worked this might sound silly but I'm having trouble getting my music on my iPad? I've tried the iTunes Store but no library option is available. I'm sorry to intrude on your thread but I don't know how to set up my own I am hopeless with technology. Would be forever grateful if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong many thanks :D

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maisielavery said:
HELP PLEASE!!! Got my iPad mini at Christmas and only set up iTunes today, all was fine and copied all my music into it synced it a number of times as I wasn't sure it worked this might sound silly but I'm having trouble getting my music on my iPad? I've tried the iTunes Store but no library option is available. I'm sorry to intrude on your thread but I don't know how to set up my own I am hopeless with technology. Would be forever grateful if anyone could tell me where I'm going wrong many thanks :D

You said you copied all your music to your iPad.....have you checked the Music App?

The Archangel

Maisielavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Omg I'm such a tool! Thank you so much it's so simple I didn't even notice it. I feel so foolish :L thank you so much

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maisielavery said:
Omg I'm such a tool! Thank you so much it's so simple I didn't even notice it. I feel so foolish :L thank you so much

It's an easy mistake to make, we are just glad that you got it sorted out.

The Archangel

bebang006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
have the same problem

First you said you cannot connect it then say you can. Assuming that you can, in fact, connect it to your laptop, it will not charge your mini. No USB port puts out enough juice to charge any iPad. Use the provided charger to charge it.

That leaves the issue of iTunes not recognizing your mini. Have you hotsynced that particular mini with that particular laptop in the past? Have you rebooted the laptop? Have you rebooted the mini?

Let us know.

hi i have the the same problem, i rebooted my mini i rebooted my laptop but still nothing happened. i used the same laptop as before but after i updated and downloaded the newest version of itunes it suddenly happened. i know the cord is not the problem coz i tried charging it and its woking plus every time i plug it to my laptop i heard that sound when some devices is being inserted. i uninstall the itunes already and tried plugging my mini again hoping that my laptop will recognize it but still not happens. please i badly need help i dont know if my min is the prob or the laptop :(

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi i have the the same problem, i rebooted my mini i rebooted my laptop but still nothing happened. i used the same laptop as before but after i updated and downloaded the newest version of itunes it suddenly happened. i know the cord is not the problem coz i tried charging it and its woking plus every time i plug it to my laptop i heard that sound when some devices is being inserted. i uninstall the itunes already and tried plugging my mini again hoping that my laptop will recognize it but still not happens. please i badly need help i dont know if my min is the prob or the laptop :(

Hi there! Welcome to iPF!
If you've already done all this, and also reinstalled iTunes, there are just a few things you could do as well.

Try a different USB port on your computer.
Charge the iPad mini, if it's low on power. If it's under 10 %, charge it completely.
Sometimes there are problems with the antivirus software. Shut it down, try again to connect your mini to iTunes. Restart the software again afterwards.

bebang006

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:)

Hi there! Welcome to iPF!
If you've already done all this, and also reinstalled iTunes, there are just a few things you could do as well.

Try a different USB port on your computer.
Charge the iPad mini, if it's low on power. If it's under 10 %, charge it completely.
Sometimes there are problems with the antivirus software. Shut it down, try again to connect your mini to iTunes. Restart the software again afterwards.

hi thank you for your reply good news my laptop recognized my ipad BUT itunes wont :( plus i cant import pictures i downloaded the latest version of itunes i noticed that before i completely installed it some pop ups occur and said bonjour is disabled blah blah i fixed it immediately but nothing happened. im having a mini heart attack here :p i just dont know what to do

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi thank you for your reply good news my laptop recognized my ipad BUT itunes wont :( plus i cant import pictures i downloaded the latest version of itunes i noticed that before i completely installed it some pop ups occur and said bonjour is disabled blah blah i fixed it immediately but nothing happened. im having a mini heart attack here :p i just dont know what to do

I hope this will help: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Most reactions

Latest posts