Cannot click on "cellular data" when abroad

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by bilion, Jul 21, 2012.

1. bilion

bilion iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, i have been using ipad3 with a 3G card with no problems while home. Since last night when i arrived in Romania, when i go to Settings the "Cellular data" option has gone pale and i cannot even click on it to activate data roaming and cellular data

Any help please?

2. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    You have to get in touch with the local cellular provider for Romania. They will offer you a new micro-sims card and a subscription. Your current cellular configuration is for the UK.

If you are going to be in Romania for longer than a typical American visit (visit 10 countries in three days) this might not be worthwhile. However, my English friends seem to visit one country and stay a month, then it might be worthwhile. As an American, I never use roaming--very expensive. Also, I make do with visiting a wifi hotspot.

And where are my manners?

Welcome bilion to our forum. When you get a chance and you have wifi, spend a little time visiting our new forum members subforum. Introduce yourself and take advantage of the tips on using the forum, and do read the forum rules. You will find a wealth of information on this forum.