What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cancel Xbox Live

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a way to cancel without having to phone the notoriously difficult company with a call that will cost more than a month of xbox live. All you have to do is get a new Debit card and don't update your card details, they will turn renewal off and will put you on Xbox silver after your remaining month has expired. Then, buy the points cards from game.

Easy peasy Japaneasy.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They used to be awful to contact, recent years usually i've found it is both quick and easy.

Personally i look around for the deals, currently 15 months for 12. Last time i renewed i got 12 months for £24 direct from M$

Many moan about the cost of 'live' but to be fair even for £38 pa thats a cheap per month entertainment cost for what is a pretty well controlled good quality service, try playing PC or Sony Network games online without idiot cheating hackers wrecking the enjoyment.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scottishwarlord said:
I had my xbox 2 years prior to getting live and only joined cos my mates were saying how good it was. The only game I ever played online was Call of duty and am not even on that much, maybe once a week. I know a guy who decided to just delete everything which lost him his gamer tag and achievments.

Ps. I got the 3months for 4.99 without knowing it went onto auto renewal each month for £6 for something I don't even use.

The auto renew is a downside, and expensive if you don't take a full years subscription rate. They should really ask, not make it a default.

Pal of mine naively bought his grandkids a special offer £1 weekend 'live' subscription, paid by his card as thats the only way pay, and they innocently downloaded £60 of DLC maps which he new nothing about until his bill hit the door matt.

You gotta act wise :) anything like this attached to a card you have to follow up and make sure the auto renew is turned off, you can't stop it through the bank like you can a DD, it becomes an open credit line to your funds.

OP
A

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ipadbraincell said:
The auto renew is a downside, and expensive if you don't take a full years subscription rate. They should really ask, not make it a default.

Pal of mine naively bought his grandkids a special offer £1 weekend 'live' subscription, paid by his card as thats the only way pay, and they innocently downloaded £60 of DLC maps which he new nothing about until his bill hit the door matt.

You gotta act wise :) anything like this attached to a card you have to follow up and make sure the auto renew is turned off, you can't stop it through the bank like you can a DD, it becomes an open credit line to your funds.

Yep, if I get MW3 or BF3 I'll probably get live again, but will be pre paid cards from game for sure haha

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
No complaints from CIC about Xbox Live membership. It's a fair price for a very stable on-line platform. I'm playing GEARS OF WAR 3 and there's no lag. The Epic servers are more responsive. Running Netflix and Zune video thru the Xbox and buffering issues are gone.
AA

OP
A

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll add that if you do this your friends list will be blocked so you won't be able to send party or chat invites or even see your friends list.

Most reactions

Latest posts