What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you view YouTube using Safari on iPad2 with iOS 6?

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, I have read many articles about iOS 6 and know you lose YouTube and Maps. That is why I am not updating. But if an app I am using has an update I need and it requires iOS 6, will I be able to go to YouTube on Safari and view videos on YouTube that way? Some tech sites say you can and then others say you can't because it requires Flash from the YouTube site using Safari. One lady posted on a site that it said to update her Adobe Flash in order to view and you can't do Flash on an iPad. I tried it the other day and could, but thought it might be steaming through my YouTube app.

I realize there is an iPhone YouTube now, that is simply not an option. I am not interested in any iPad version they come out with either because I have read nothing but bad reviews of it.

I am tempted to load Jasmine but I am concerned it will delete my YouTube off my iPad and replace it, or do,something to mess it up. I am very concerned about this as I view a lot of instructional YouTubes.

Thanks for any input you may have on this.

Please disregard any typos. I am using my iPad and it is difficult to type on an iPad. I tried to catch them all, but may have missed some. I really am a good typist!

iMitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it works using Safari flawlessly on my iPad 2 running iOS 6. There still is no native YouTube app in the App Store for iPad.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMitch said:
Yes it works using Safari flawlessly on my iPad 2 running iOS 6. There still is no native YouTube app in the App Store for iPad.

Does it not come as a preinstalled app?

Attachments

• image-1455762573.jpg
    image-1455762573.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 678

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMitch said:
All native Google Apps were dropped in iOS 6. Maps, YouTube. That photo you have appears to be an older iOS.

It is 5.0.1 well spotted, I didn't realise they were dropping those apps, good job I've not bothered with the upgrade yet! Shocking! I hope it's worth it for those who already have upgraded, I use YouTube loads and like this app.
Thanks for letting me know.

iMitch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is 5.0.1 well spotted, I didn't realise they were dropping those apps, good job I've not bothered with the upgrade yet! Shocking! I hope it's worth it for those who already have upgraded, I use YouTube loads and like this app.
Thanks for letting me know.

You're welcome.

OP
N

NeedToKnow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMitch said:

Thank you. I have no problem just going to YouTube.com and putting it on my home page. Not a problem. I have a lot of the websites I visit for my machine embroidery put into folders on my home page.

Thanks again. Good to know. I can rest at night low. i don't have a problem just using Google Maps online either, so if I mess up and upgrade, I am still good to go.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For iOS 6, if Jasmine is still free, why not try it. You can have many apps. They don't interfere with each other.

Reaction score
I downloaded the youtube app in app store but its only for iphone now but works flawlessly on my ipad.....way better than the old apple youtube, no freezing and hardly and haven't had to wait for it to load or whatever its called when u have to pause it to let that bar fill up...lol i cant remember the name right now for some reason.☺

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twilightlovereyes said:
I downloaded the youtube app in app store but its only for iphone now but works flawlessly on my ipad.....way better than the old apple youtube, no freezing and hardly and haven't had to wait for it to load or whatever its called when u have to pause it to let that bar fill up...lol i cant remember the name right now for some reason.☺

Buffering?? :)

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iMitch said:

You can go to YouTube on safari but the adobe flash videos will not play. So that is rather useless, I am sorry I updated. I am so sick of apple. I believe google will be the better. I am pretty upset that I was so stupid to upgrade, who does apple think they are. Like some one else said apple has become dictators. So if you know a secret about watching adobe videos on YouTube with out going to Photon browser, which is ok sometimes, but not the video quality, please inform me. You tube is important to me, it is a good source of news and such...

Reaction score
burly636 said:
You can go to YouTube on safari but the adobe flash videos will not play. So that is rather useless, I am sorry I updated. I am so sick of apple. I believe google will be the better. I am pretty upset that I was so stupid to upgrade, who does apple think they are. Like some one else said apple has become dictators. So if you know a secret about watching adobe videos on YouTube with out going to Photon browser, which is ok sometimes, but not the video quality, please inform me. You tube is important to me, it is a good source of news and such...

Did u read my post not too far above yours? Just download youtube in the app store, it works better than the prior apple youtube app. Really not that big of a deal.

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twilightlovereyes said:
Did u read my post not too far above yours? Just download youtube in the app store, it works better than the prior apple youtube app. Really not that big of a deal.

Yes, but I did not hear good reviews on them. I will give it a try. There are too many and I have not heard good reports on them. Which one where you talking about? It was kind of a big deal to me because I use the you tube video instructional videos. Apple is fighting with Google and they just get too greedy and don't mind the apple customers that make them rich. They forget their customers, especially as loyal as some on this forum are.

burly636

iPF Noob
Reaction score
burly636 said:
Yes, but I did not hear good reviews on them. I will give it a try. There are too many and I have not heard good reports on them. Which one where you talking about? It was kind of a big deal to me because I use the you tube video instructional videos. Apple is fighting with Google and they just get too greedy and don't mind the apple customers that make them rich. They forget their customers, especially as loyal as some on this forum are.

I for got to say thanks,

Most reactions