What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you thether an Android phone with 3G to your iPad?

JFrazier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you do this safely in order to get Internet connection when Wifi is unavailable? Thanks!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes but you need to root your phone in order to do it, I have iphone so no help to you, but you can search for rooting an android phone.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
why pay $20 more for the same data he os she is already using, its just easier to tether for the $30 data plan they already have.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know this is other peoples attitude. I don't blame them for it, but I chose to abide by the contract I agreed to when I got my plan. Just the way I am.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
um no where in my contract does it say I cant use the data I already pay for, if I am paying for unl and only using 1 gig a month Ill tether anytime, sorry.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I normally don't say anything at all. No matter how many caveats, apologies or I don't care what other people do statements I put in, someone is bound to take it personally.

But you asked, so I answered. I'm perfectly aware of all the arguments for and against. They aren't worth repeating for the umpteenth time, and certainly not worth making enemies over. It's a personal choice. You don't have to defend you choice with me, but don't expect me to feel the need to defend mine either.

I've made my choice. When asked I'll state it. Other than that, I don't really care what anyone else does.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not arguing =) really I'm not, nor do I dislike anyone who doesn't tether. I was just voicing an opinion as were you, no harm :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, sorry. I suppose it is just barely possible that I might have over reacted a bit. Given your history of moderate posts I really should have known better. No harm, no foul. :)

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, sorry. I suppose it is just barely possible that I might have over reacted a bit. Given your history of moderate posts I really should have known better. No harm, no foul. :)

Nah all is good =)

Most reactions

Latest posts