What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you talk via Facetime while playing a game?

Kentski45

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like to play the flight sim game SkyRaiders on-line with my friend. We have been using the phone to talk while playing. I think you can talk via
Face Time while doing something else (no video) on the ipad at the same time. Could one establish a Face Time connection and then open the game and play while continuing to communicate? My guess is no.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like to play the flight sim game SkyRaiders on-line with my friend. We have been using the phone to talk while playing. I think you can talk via Face Time while doing something else (no video) on the ipad at the same time. Could one establish a Face Time connection and then open the game and play while continuing to communicate? My guess is no.
You're right. You can't play games on the iPad while making a FaceTime call.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last night I was speaking to my daughter over FaceTime (she's in Europe) while speaking to her I tried to take a photo of the screen several times......I was kicked out of the FaceTime app and back to the home screen and even my lock screen and I could still hear her speaking.....she though got a message that FaceTime had paused on her end. So no, I don't think it's possible.

Victor Ruidera

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skype allows you to do that if your using multi tasking. Just restric it by going to settings -> general -> restriction -> and then off facetime. download askype next

K

KGB_10

You're right. You can't play games on the iPad while making a FaceTime call.

I play minecraft pe with my friends over FaceTime. I also do this with other multiplayer games like any war game.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I play minecraft pe with my friends over FaceTime. I also do this with other multiplayer games like any war game.

The iPad can't do split screens, how do you play a game when the screen is showing the picture of the person you're talking to and the speaker is outputting the voice of the person you're talking to.

K

KGB_10

The iPad can't do split screens, how do you play a game when the screen is showing the picture of the person you're talking to and the speaker is outputting the voice of the person you're talking to.

I use my ipod for facetime and ipad for game. Sorry for your misconseption.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use my ipod for facetime and ipad for game. Sorry for your misconseption.

That's all right. In fact, your method of using two separate devices is the only way I know of to FaceTime someone while playing games on the iPad.

Most reactions