What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you save pdf files from salesforce.com on iPad?

mlrchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi - I just got my iPad 2 and am excited to start using it for work applications. I use salesforce.com and am hoping to be able to not just view the pdf contract download, but also be able to email it as a pdf file. I have tried using GoodReader and CovertMyURL, but have not been successful. I am wondering if that is a compatibility issue with salesforce and the iPad.

Has anyone been able to use a tool for pdf conversion within the iPad?

Thanks!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reaction score
Let's see, if we can solve this.

I assume that you can open the PDF file fine and it shows directly in Safari?
If so, you can tap the document once, this will open a black bar at the top, click on "Open in..." and then select Goodreader.

The PDF file will now open in Goodreader. In Goodreader tap the PDF once, so that the controls appear. Towards the bottom right corner is an arrow button, tap that one and select "Email File".

For more details, you might want to take a look at the pictures below:

Attachments

• image-1447630799.png
    image-1447630799.png
    381.8 KB · Views: 376
  • image-2149051012.png
    image-2149051012.png
    424.2 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
OP
M

mlrchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the advice. I will definitely keep that one in mind for future use. I think there must be a bug with salesforce.com because nothing happens when I click on the pdf document that is launched. If I tap more than once it moves the screen around a bit. I think I read a review somewhere that there are issues with salesforce and iPad. Bummer! I just got my iPad yesterday, though, and love it so far! Great to know there is a forum out here for help as questions arise. It already seems like there are so many possibilities as I keep downloading apps. I don't want to look at my bill yet!

OP
M

mlrchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately there isn't a place to click "save", so that is why I am having a bit of an issue.

Reaction score
mlrchi said:
Unfortunately there isn't a place to click "save", so that is why I am having a bit of an issue.

You mentioned that saving the PDF also didn't work from Goodreader. Does this mean you have opened salesforce.com from within Goodreader and attempted to save the file?

It not, then you could try the following:
-Open Goodreader
-Tap on Connect to Servers
-Tap on Browse the Web
-go to salesforce.com and click on the PDF, it should give you three options, one of them being Download Linked File.

OP
M

mlrchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - great advice. I really thought it was going to work this time, but when I got back to GoodReader my file was all jumbled. I do think it is an issue with salesforce. Their own app doesn't even work!! I think I should try an easier application to use GoodReader because it seems really cool! Thanks again for your help!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
or use "SitetoPdf"

open a site, it'll convert it to pdf.

OP
M

mlrchi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I figured out how to email my document using QuickOffice. Thanks for all of your help!

Most reactions

Latest posts