What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you help me decide original ipad or kindle?

RedSunshine

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ibelieve the kindle fire will not have the e-ink screen so the eye strain will be no different than what you would experience from an iPad. I just returned one of the best android tablets due to the extremely disappointing amount of apps on both the market and on amazon. I just don't see this problem going away anytime soon. I was able to pick up my iPad 2 as open box so I saved some cash. This thing blows the asus transformer out of the water. So if you want a good reader during daylight or outside get an e-ink kindle. Use a book lamp for reading at night. If you want a multiple purpose tablet, save up and get an iPad.

OP
L

liquid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks again for all the help everyone. I ended up buying two ipads (accidentally) one 32 and one 64. It's funny how sometimes ebay is not clear about winning or losing auctions. Probably wont need 62 gigs though we'll see.

Edit: I realize most people would be biased towards apple products here the same would happen on a android or kindle forum wouldn't it? There is no right place for questions like these, for this exact reason I decided to ask the people that did spend more money on a product to find out if they were happy with it.

Last edited:

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new Kindle Fire ads I have seen show a color screen. I don't think it's E-ink technology, so readability may be no better than the iPad. So check it out before you buy it if reading books is important to you..

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
How did you manage to buy 2 iPads?? That must have been really expensive... :-(. Maybe you can give one out as a gift!!! I am sure you would have some takers!!!!

Thanks again for all the help everyone. I ended up buying two ipads (accidentally) one 32 and one 64. It's funny how sometimes ebay is not clear about winning or losing auctions. Probably wont need 62 gigs though we'll see.

Edit: I realize most people would be biased towards apple products here the same would happen on a android or kindle forum wouldn't it? There is no right place for questions like these, for this exact reason I decided to ask the people that did spend more money on a product to find out if they were happy with it.

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I suggest that you keep the 64 gig iPad. When I bought my iPad 1, i decided to go with 32. Wish now I had gone all the away. It's amazing how the apps accumulate!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So true. I have to avoid films now because my need for music is higher than the need to see my movies.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

David1965

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a PC, a MacBook Pro, a Kindle 3 (for the beach and sun), a Fire, and an ipad 2. I have Amazon Prime and Netflix. They all coexist well. I think people argue really strongly for 1 or another because they feel like they have to be loyal to only one. Well - this isn't a marriage - you can have multiple partners to suit your mood!

BuddyWNC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My husband had a kindle and it was sent back. Hard to see at night and too limited

Most reactions

Latest posts