What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you fool from detecting if iPad is jailbroken?

4bp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
i have a jailbroken first gen iPad and want to run the Bloomberg Anywhere app. when i start the app it comes up with an error saying that it has detetced the ipad to be jailbroken and wont run the app as its a security risk.
is there anyway i can get round this? maybe fool the app to thinking the device isnt jailbroken?
Thanks
Dan

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You usually have to wait for a patch to be issued for the app. The JB community usually comes out with a patch in Cydia which will prevent an app from detecting your JB status.
There is no generic way to fix it, since there is no way to know what method the developer will use to "detect" the JB status.

Last edited:

farroukh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You usually have to wait for a patch to be issued for the app. The JB community usually comes out with a patch in Cydia which will prevent an app from detecting your JB status.
There is no generic way to fix it, since there is no way to know what method the developer will use to "detect" the JB status.

Thanks for the info.. do u know if the patch is out yet? and how to search for it?

Thanks! :)

Most reactions