1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can Verizon Moto Droid Tether IPAD

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by martyh, Aug 31, 2010.

1. martyh

martyh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone,

I am going to buy an I-PAD. I can't really afford the one I want (64GB, 3G) but I can afford the clams for the 64GB Wi-Fi. Most of the time I would be near a hot spot but for the times I am not, can I use my Verizon Moto Droid as a tether (with the right app installed) and/or a Verizon Mi-Fi to provide the broadband wireless capability?

TIA

OK, so I searched and found the answers about tethering, since I am at 2.2 on my phone I think that's out. So there's just the question about the Verizon Mi-Fi.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  2. Jake18oly

Jake18oly iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. BrennB

BrennB iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Yes, as Jake said, you can root your Droid and install the wifi app.. you can definitley use the myfi hotspot as access to internet. Infact I was in Bestbuy the other day and their internet was out for some reason so they had a bunch of myfi set for all the various devices including the iPads.
  4. martyh

martyh iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to know, thanks for the info.