What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can u text message with the ipad

Reaction score
If you want one that notifies multiple devices on multiple platforms at the same time and syncs between them check out Text + free version.
There are many other good ones for texting on just your ipad, my favorite being TextNow, but since I use 2 platforms and 3 devices it's really cool to get a text on my Tab or ipad before leaving home and finishing up the conversation on my phone as I'm walking out the door.
It also supports picture messaging and I've combined my phone native text app with it so when someone texts to my verizon phone number it goes thru Text + and responses go from my verizon phone number but responses to texts to my Text + number show from it.
How that makes sense, its REALLY cool and fast over 3g or wifi

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

vincent_5637

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can i know that any other app for ipad 2 work at malaysia?
most of the apps u all mentioned are available just in US and Canada only

humbird93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tennisace said:
hello can someone tell me if there is a app that will let u text to mobile phones, thanks

Try the chikka messenger if it works, I've been using it to text in the Philippines.

humbird93

iPF Noob
Reaction score
humbird93 said:
Try the chikka messenger if it works, I've been using it to text in the Philippines.

Chikka can be used for text msg international. Get the text free with call apps

Cincybearcatfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, get a free Google Voice number and use GV Connect and Talkatone. I use Talkatone to call via wifi and GV Connect to send text messages. I have an Android phone so I use my Google Voice number all the time.

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
swirly sms for ipad 3g works with a microsim, but it's a paid app

Last edited:

luigieg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Swirly Sms is free for texting. What requires payment is if you want to enable MMS.

Im using this app on my Ipad 2 and it works well for text messaging.

Most reactions