What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can this iPad model be updated to IOS 10?

ineuw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 7.9" iPad MD531C/A (12a405) 2014081900. Can this be upgraded to IOS 10?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have a 7.9" iPad MD531C/A (12a405) 2014081900. Can this be upgraded to IOS 10?

Hello - according to the EveryMac Website, you have a first generation iPad Mini - the maximum iOS stated below is 9.3.5 - Dave :)

P.S. Welcome to the Forum!
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.05.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 12.06.22 AM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
@giradman, much thanks. At least now I know what to do, and that is to buy a new iPad.

Good luck in your selection - plenty of new and used/refurbished choices, depending on your budget. Dave :)

ADDENDUM: May be of interest to those replacing their iDevices and wanting to sell the older one(s) - just bought my wife a new iPad Mini 5 for the holidays to replace her Mini 4 - opted for an Apple Trade-in and was offered $120, pending inspection (would have been my 3rd or 4th exchange, all going fine in the past) - well, I was sent an email that the device had physical damage and could be recycled for $0!

Well, the Mini 4 had worked perfectly before I erased it and removed from her iCloud account - looked almost 'new' and the battery health was over 80% - I had them return the device and tried It's Worth More - offer of $110, again after inspection - they sent me an email that the Mini 4 passed w/ flying colors and we received a check for the predicted amount last week. Not sure that I'll be using the Apple trade-in option in the future? Dave :)
ItsWorthMore.png

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts