What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the iPad Do 3D? Will The Next Gen?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear rumors that the iPad can do 3D, but I don't believe..

Nintendo device 3Ds can do 3D without glasses,

Now that 3D is so popular do u think the next gen iPad will do 3D?

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't you think apple might have mentioned that the ipad was capable of 3d if it was? Seems to me like they mentioned all of the other features.

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that, but ps3 and Sony never told anybody that it is capable of 3D, but recently now that 3D is so popular, Sony has confirmed that ps3 can do 3D, who knew?

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's 3D and good 3D. I'm sure anything can do 3D with glasses and where the picture is doubled. I played a 3D game on the PS3 (batman arkham asylym) and it good but not the best 3D experience. I then went to look at 3D TV's, and they were amazing. The picture was right in front of you and the glasses that you wore required batteries, so it must be a different technology.

muyoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought about that, but ps3 and Sony never told anybody that it is capable of 3D, but recently now that 3D is so popular, Sony has confirmed that ps3 can do 3D, who knew?

The PS3 can output 3d, but it relies completely on a 3d capable television to achieve it. The iPad MIGHT be able to output 3d, even though thats probably improbable, but I completely doubt it will ever display 3d on its own screen.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The PS3 can output 3d, but it relies completely on a 3d capable television to achieve it. The iPad MIGHT be able to output 3d, even though thats probably improbable, but I completely doubt it will ever display 3d on its own screen.

Correct.

Technically any screen could do crappy 3D by just adding a separation screen on it and an app that separates eyes to fields. It won't look great (half res), but of course its possible.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
There is also 3D in terms of graphics and 3D meaning poping out of the screen.
3D is over rated and will give you a headache after about an hour and strains your eyes.

PS any screen can do pop out of the screen 3D effects it just depends on the type of tech enology used to achieve the effect.

Example: you could go get a 3D DVD movie, one that comes with the glasses (red/blue) and rip the DVD to your ipad. Your iPad would then play the move and the 3D effects would pop out of the ipad screen just as it would on the TV.

Most reactions