Can Someone Tell Me If This will Work?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by hookbill, Mar 12, 2011.

1. hookbill

hookbill iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I want to take ZumoCast and play my iTunes from my Mac. If I get one of those apps that have lyrics will that work ZumoCast? I'm thinking it should.

2. hookbill

hookbill iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    No one knows? Ok I guess I'll spend a couple bucks and I'll let you know.:)

3. hookbill

hookbill iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Well, that didn't work. Oh well, it only cost me .99 and it was worth a try. I'll actually have to load music to my iPad to be able to use those apps.

4. hookbill

hookbill iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Now I've found one that I believe will work. I tried it on my Droid. It's called Sound Horn, has anybody heard of that?

5. Teacher's Pet

Teacher's Pet iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Is it SoundHound that you are referring to? That's an app kind of like Shazam. I'm not sure what you,re trying to do so I'm not sure if that was helpful. I tried to look up sound horn but didn't see it in the app store.

6. hookbill

hookbill iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Yes, it's Sound Hound and it worked like I wanted it too. Pretty much.

I used Zumo Cast to play songs from my iTunes on my iMac. I don't use the iPod in the iPad. Then when the song started playing (Simon & Garfunkle's Bridge over Troubled Water) I brought up Sound Horn. It listened to what I was playing and immediately came up with either lyrics or even a video. The video was the Free Concert in 1981 that I was at in Grand Central Park.

However the next song it didn't do very well on. Cecilia it listened to but came up empty. I paused the song, pressed the microphone and spoke the songs title and it brought up suggestions and I picked Cecilia and we were in business.

It also worked quite well with Pandora. Perfect? No but darn worth the $5.00 I spent on it. :)

Anyway I know this has been a conversation with myself, thank you teachers's pet for joining in and maybe this will help someone else out there. Thanks for those who stopped by to look.