What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Someone Tell Me If This will Work?

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to take ZumoCast and play my iTunes from my Mac. If I get one of those apps that have lyrics will that work ZumoCast? I'm thinking it should.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one knows? Ok I guess I'll spend a couple bucks and I'll let you know.:)

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, that didn't work. Oh well, it only cost me .99 and it was worth a try. I'll actually have to load music to my iPad to be able to use those apps.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I've found one that I believe will work. I tried it on my Droid. It's called Sound Horn, has anybody heard of that?

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it SoundHound that you are referring to? That's an app kind of like Shazam. I'm not sure what you,re trying to do so I'm not sure if that was helpful. I tried to look up sound horn but didn't see it in the app store.

OP
hookbill

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it SoundHound that you are referring to? That's an app kind of like Shazam. I'm not sure what you,re trying to do so I'm not sure if that was helpful. I tried to look up sound horn but didn't see it in the app store.

Yes, it's Sound Hound and it worked like I wanted it too. Pretty much.

I used Zumo Cast to play songs from my iTunes on my iMac. I don't use the iPod in the iPad. Then when the song started playing (Simon & Garfunkle's Bridge over Troubled Water) I brought up Sound Horn. It listened to what I was playing and immediately came up with either lyrics or even a video. The video was the Free Concert in 1981 that I was at in Grand Central Park.

However the next song it didn't do very well on. Cecilia it listened to but came up empty. I paused the song, pressed the microphone and spoke the songs title and it brought up suggestions and I picked Cecilia and we were in business.

It also worked quite well with Pandora. Perfect? No but darn worth the $5.00 I spent on it. :)

Anyway I know this has been a conversation with myself, thank you teachers's pet for joining in and maybe this will help someone else out there. Thanks for those who stopped by to look.

Most reactions

Latest posts