What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can someone help me understand something?

bclawson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's got my first ever ipad (air) and I love it. I do not understand what iCloud is. Can someone help me? Is it kind of like Dropbox?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iCloud is similar to Dropbox, except it mainly targets data between Apple devices. Unlike Dropbox, you cannot openly host any files and access them anywhere, it's strictly Apple applications such as Pages, Numbers, etc, and it's also part of Apple's security protocol for finding lost/missing/stolen devices that are tied to your account. It also allows you to backup user-end data to an extent, such as iMessages, Notes, etc.

You can browse through the features individually here in greater detail

OP
B

bclawson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud is similar to Dropbox, except it mainly targets data between Apple devices. Unlike Dropbox, you cannot openly host any files and access them anywhere, it's strictly Apple applications such as Pages, Numbers, etc, and it's also part of Apple's security protocol for finding lost/missing/stolen devices that are tied to your account. It also allows you to backup user-end data to an extent, such as iMessages, Notes, etc. You can browse through the features individually here in greater detail

Wow... That is so helpful. Thank you very much :)

Most reactions

Latest posts