What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Pages print sheets of adhesive labels?

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Microsoft Word has a provision for printing self-adhesive return address and shipping labels. All you have to do is specify the Avery sheet number and it sets it all up for you. You can print individual labels or an entire sheet.

Does Pages have a similar provision?

I have an Avery app for this but it is buggy.

Larry Cruzen

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Larry - I also have the Avery app but have not used it much to even comment. On my MBPro, I have some Avery templates that will open in the OS X version of Pages, but don't believe there is a similar feature in iOS - others may come along w/ some revelations? Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are some business card templates you can use when you create a new file. Those are supposed to be Avery compatible. How well they work I have no idea.

In my experience it takes some major fiddling to get labels to line up properly, and every printer is different. There is no way of offsetting or otherwise adjusting the Print output from an iPad, so it will either work, or not.

It looks like you can download Avery templates for Mac OS X Pages off Avery's site. I didn't test this because the download wasn't working in Safari (looked like it would work in iCab Mobile), and they want some personal/contact information first.

No idea if these will work properly on the iPad, but if you can get them to download (maybe on a desktop) you should be able to import them on the iPad. No guarantee they'll line up properly when printed out.

OP
larrycruzen

larrycruzen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually, the Avery app for iPad works pretty well. I printed a full page of return address labels on my Epson XP410 printer. The app crashed the first time I tried to print, but printed the second time and everything lined up perfectly.

I made a Christmas card for my wife using this app. It was a rather complex one, having a collage of our 5 dogs and a cat. The app was quite intuitive and easy to use......good thing, because the app crashed 3 times during the process, causing me to start over each time. I learned to save after each step.

Larry

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just saw a TUAW article on free adhesive label templates, with an Avery cross reference sheet. These are for the OS X version of iWorks, which means they will probably load on the iPad version, but may not line up properly on the printer. The only way to tell would be to experiment.

http://www.worldlabel.com/Pages/label-templates-for-mac.htm

Here's a tip for those who need to check out label templates. Almost all template packages come with an alignment sheet. Don't print on this or actual labels when testing. Instead print on a regular piece of paper, place it on top of the alignment template and hold it up to a light.

Make sure you check both the top and bottom row of labels. Very small differences can cause quite a bit of alignment drift. If you can't solve this with print adjustments you might be better off filling out and printing half pages, turning the label sheet top-to-bottom, and then printing the second half.

But top and bottom margins can also be different, so this isn't always an option.

Most reactions

Latest posts