What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can one revert to the screen lock function?

porche9111

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the sofyware upgrade to 4.2, as we wll know the slide button on the right side of the ipad has changed from screen lock (which locked the screen from reorienting itself if one turns the screen) to mute function.

Is there a way to get back the old screen lock functionality for this button without going back to the earlier software version? It is quite irritating when the screen keeps turning around with the slightest of movement of the ipad!

Penny_elle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just been helped with this. Double tap the menu button to bring up the multi-tasking screen. Swipe it left to right and it brings up a button on the far left to lock the orientation.

Nabyrd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes!!! So glad in joined this forum because it was driving me crazy not knowing how to lock it! Cant wait to see what else i learn!!!

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It works, but it's a whole lot worse. What used be a simple flick of the switch is now:

Double click home button
Swipe dock
Click lock icon
Click home button

Dumb, if you ask me!

Most reactions

Latest posts