What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can not move onscreen apps anywhere!!!!!

Peachster2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have an ipad 1, running ios5.

PROBLEM:
-I simply cant move the apps on the home screen of my ipad.
-I click and hold on the apps as you would normally do on any ios device to move them around but they don't go into that little wobbly mode where you can drag them around with the X button option or anything. It just dosent do anything as i hold my finger on the app.
-I have hard restarted and restored
-This is very annoying and i cant find out anywhere what the problem is.
-I DONT have the problem where i can't drag the apps to another screen, i cant drag them anywhere at all!!!

-i know i can plug it into itunes and move the apps around but thats not the point...
-i can bring up the multitasking bar and move the apps on the bar but just not on the home screen.
-!!!!!!!!!!!!IPAD NOT JAILBROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for any help in advanced!

a video showing the problem:
http://youtu.be/YcIxLo47B8w

a picture of my general settings tab which does not have "restrictions" or a lock pass code option, or even a reset settings option, very very odd

image.jpgclick to view larger

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check the restrictions tab in your Settings App, it sounds to me as if you have a restriction set to stop you deleting apps.

The Archangel

OP
P

Peachster2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, where could i find the restrictions tab?
its not under general anywhere...

OP
P

Peachster2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
a video showing the problem:
http://youtu.be/YcIxLo47B8w

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is definitely not right. Saying that - no clue on what's going on or how to fix it.

Since you said that you restored (to iOS 5.0.1, I assume), but it did not fix the problem, my only suggestion is to take it in to an Apple store and talk to them about it. Hopefully, they'll provide a solution...

Sorry not better help. Good luck and please do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Check the settings and look at the profiles.
See if any profiles are installed as a profile would be able to do this if set to restrict the apps.

If you see any profiles installed, remove them and reboot the iPad.

if that does not work or you do not have any profiles installed. Perform an iPad restore but make sure when it asks if you want to restore to a previous backup or setup as new device you must tell it to setup the iPad as new device. If this is a setting or something installed causing it, restoring to a backup would just put the problem back onto the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts