What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can no longer log into game vie Facebook

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image.png
On my husbands iPad 2 he was happily playing Shuffle Cats, logging in through Facebook. Then suddenly he was unable to play as he keeps getting this error. I have updated his iPad to the latest version OS and reset network settings. I have deleted both the game and facebookmand reinstalled, rebooted the iPad. Still getting the error.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does he log in to the Facebook app or the Facebook website? If he's been using the app, ask him to try accessing the game through the website instead.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tried to do both, logging in through the app and through safari.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Check his region setting under Settings > General > Language & Region.

If you have not done so try loggin out, and back in under Settings > FaceBook.

I noticed your screeshot is of a Safari view. You get this when you follow a link from another app. When you tap Done, it returns you to that app. You do not have full Safari functionality when in this mode. Given that you have tried Safari and the FaceBook app since the problem showed up, I don't expect this is the cause of you proble, but thought it was worth mentioning, just in case.

OP
lizzieh

lizzieh

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I've checked and the region is correct.

Do you think if I delete Safari, the game would open up in the FB app ?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari is a built in app. You can't delete it, but it's possible to restrict it.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I just re-read the original post, and I think I may have misunderstood something.

Are you unable to log into FaceBook, or just a specific game app in FaceBook, or using facebook to log into an iOS game? If the second, then your best bet is to go through FaceBook's support, or the developer's (if they have support). If the thrid, I'd ask the developer, gain.

Pretty much everthing recomended so far has been about logging into FaceBook itself. I'm not familiar enough with apps in FaceBook to make suggestions.

From what I can find out about Shuffle Cat (iOS version), it is currently a UK game only. When I follow a link (from Google Search) to the App Store, it tells me that it's only available in the Estonian app store.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts