What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can iPad use Mircosoft Outlook?

tonyes1217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've bought iPad a week ago. I like it but there is one more thing that would fit perfect for me! I use Outlook for my email but i don't know or I can't use it with iPad. Is there any app or a way to use Outlook in iPad?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Our work email also is Outlook. That is what is on our business cards, but I can't seem to get it to work either. :(

From what I remember, I just couldn't set up the Outlook email on my iPad like I did all my others.

Perhaps someone will pop in and help us!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a solution that worked for myself and other customers create a gmail.com account import and link your outlook account then sync with apple mail use your original address as return address in mail just go to preferences mail and select gmail and enter the user name and password. There are other resolutions however I love gmail as it is excellent spam stopper . Others may not agree and thats cool I frankly do not like outlook but that's my choice.

Last edited:

TheBigCheese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've bought iPad a week ago. I like it but there is one more thing that would fit perfect for me! I use Outlook for my email but i don't know or I can't use it with iPad. Is there any app or a way to use Outlook in iPad?

Outlook itself does not have any specific email. It will get email from almost any email system out there. If you mean Microsoft Exchange mail server then, iPad will get mail if the server supports mobile email access. This is a decision for the Exchange server administrator.

If you are using Outlook to access some other email system such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Comcast, etc. than you just configure the iPad to access those accounts directly.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a solution that worked for myself and other customers create a gmail.com account import and link your outlook account then sync with apple mail use your original address as return address in mail just go to preferences mail and select gmail and enter the user name and password. There are other resolutions however I love gmail as it is excellent spam stopper . Others may not agree and thats cool I frankly do not like outlook but that's my choice.

Good Lord, Colin. You are gonna have to come to Cali and knock this out for me.:D

I'm a sickie. Its the least you can do.:p

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be in Cali in 9 days.... fix you right up. :)

As mentioned already... there is no such thing as Outlook mail. It is merely accessing mail from some other source(s). No matter what those sources are, the odds are rather high you can also get to it on the iPad.

Finaly, iTunes itself has a way to copy email account(s) used in Outlook over to the iPad. Be careful with this feature as it is not perfect... and IMO should only be used once to get the account over to the iPad. But I have used it when I was too lazy to manually setup the account on my iPhone/iPad.

Michael

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh shitums. This girl needs to make a list. Michael, you could jailbreak for me!!

Starting the 17th, I'm off til the 5th.:D
OK you got it.

And, lucky you are. You must be a teacher or work in the schools. :)

Michael

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh shitums. This girl needs to make a list. Michael, you could jailbreak for me!!

Starting the 17th, I'm off til the 5th.:D
OK you got it.

And, lucky you are. You must be a teacher or work in the schools. :)

Michael

Oh what fun! No I am taking off because my daughter is having her tonsils out and apparently for an adult is is a big major thing.

I will pm you my number!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just use exchange thru the iPad mail app...and never open Outlook again! That thing is a virus welcome sign!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Outlook is notorious for being the most prone to all kinds of viruses, trojans, scripts, hidden executables and many more nasty tricks that sneak onto your computer.

Most reactions

Latest posts