What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can iPad jpgs automatically be numbered and dated.

maliburon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I take several pictures on my iPad and mail them to my iBook they are all numbered (labeled) the same, "photo.jpg".
Is there a way to program the ipad to number jpgs in succession, ie: photo1.jpg, photo2.jpg, etc. Can the ipad add a time and date to
jpgs

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no way to re-name the photos on the iPad (or while e-mailing them). But, when I put photos into an e-mail, they are labeled photo1 and photo2. Then, when I open the e-mail on my PC, that is how they are labeled (and downloaded). So, of you select them in order from the Photos app (the most recent picture is the last), they'd be in (1) in the order you selected them in the e-mail and (2) in order from taking them on the iPad.

Regardless, he good news is that the iPad puts metadata on the pictures (for want of a better term). So, after you get the photos to a computer, you can look at the properties and see the date and time for when the pictures were taken.

That's the best I can do for good news. Sorry.

Marilyn

janner43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is needed is a photo viewing app that allows you to sort via the EXIF data. If you find one, please post back (as I will) because the default photo app on iOS is pretty woeful - it still uses the 8.3 file name convention, for goodness sake!!

Most reactions

Latest posts