What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can iPad connect to iTunes server?

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Zomocast will stream your iTunes music directly to your iPad from your PC. It works great without any lag.

Jolley69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First hi all,

I have been trying to work out the same as Otto. I have a Blackarmor external HD, which has a Itune server setup on it. This itune server works fine with my PC and I can even control itune through my ipad with my PC running. However I would like to access the itune server on my Blackarmor 220 directly from the Ipad without my PC running.

Is this possible and if so help would be appreicated.

Fla441

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app for that

SimpleDaap is a FREE iPhone app that can be used on the iPad. I am using it to access streaming music from the iTunes media server on a WD MyBookWorld (white light). Works with iPad 2, so I assume also with iPad. DAAP is the protocol used for the iTunes server.

Great little app and finds the server on my home network no problem.

Another solution is to use the Stratospherix FileBrowser app to access your complete NAS file system. It can be used to browse and play music files, but there is no organization beyond the file structure you have set up on the NAS. There is no need to run the NAS iTunes server to use this app.

Enjoy!

reni90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there any free app, that alowes me to acces itunes on my pc?, so i can play the songs on the pc. Something like remote itunes control?

Most reactions

Latest posts