What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can ipad be used abroard via 3g?

y121san

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm going to turkey soon (from uk) is it possible to use 3G as well as wifi?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be, but probably investigate getting a local SIM. Data roaming will cost an arm and a leg.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Mbspears

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, the international plans are way too expensive. I'm not as confident about the local SIM option, but you could explore it.

Kevin, I'd love to see that iPad 4 HD mini!!!! Is that your wish list or code name for the iPhone? :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the international plans are way too expensive. I'm not as confident about the local SIM option, but you could explore it.

Kevin, I'd love to see that iPad 4 HD mini!!!! Is that your wish list or code name for the iPhone? :)

It's just my name for my iPhone 4. It goes back to the time when people were crying about the 4S "not being a real iPhone 5" and stamping their feet in temper because they felt that Apple had ripped them off. At the time I said "What's in a name?", quoted a bit of Shakespeare and renamed my iPhone 4 as you saw. As I move around a lot, I tend to post more with the iPhone than I do with the iPad, so for me it really has become my mini-iPad. The signatures are different for each device. (I don't take a lot seriously, in case you hadn't guessed.)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Turkey is pretty much up there with the rest of Europe, especially in the tourist areas, so I'm sure a local option will exist.

I just stole this from an external site.

"I've been traveling in turkey for 2weeks and havent turned on roaming yet on my ATT 3g. Wireless is easily available: I'm using it right now. Wasted $25 on a data plan, and I'm up to date on email and bin laden."

Most reactions

Latest posts