What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can iPad 2 sync with iTunes 10.4.1

lancer6238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting the iPad 2 soon, and I believe that it's running iOS 5. Can I sync it with iTunes 10.4.1, or is iTunes 10.5.2 necessary?

Thank you!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting the iPad 2 soon, and I believe that it's running iOS 5. Can I sync it with iTunes 10.4.1, or is iTunes 10.5.2 necessary?

Thank you!

You will need to upgrade iTunes to the newest version. If I remember correctly, 10.5 is the lowest version that will work with the iOS 5 on your iPad. So, yeah, upgrade. It's a free update from Apple's web site...

Marilyn

OP
L

lancer6238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will need to upgrade iTunes to the newest version. If I remember correctly, 10.5 is the lowest version that will work with the iOS 5 on your iPad. So, yeah, upgrade. It's a free update from Apple's web site...

Marilyn

Thanks. I was hoping to not have to upgrade because the installation takes a long time to complete. Will iPad 1 (with iOS 4) still work with iTunes 10.5.2?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lancer-it only took me 30 minutes to complete the update to iTunes. Do you have a slow Internet connection-maybe that is why it takes so long for you. There are many users with the iPad first generation that have upgraded their iTunes software and have been able to work. However, there are issues after upgrading their iPads to the ios5. Some issues were resolved with the newer update of 5.01. You might want to do a search for greater detail. I own the ipad2, so have not experienced any issues.

Good luck.

OP
L

lancer6238

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lancer-it only took me 30 minutes to complete the update to iTunes. Do you have a slow Internet connection-maybe that is why it takes so long for you. There are many users with the iPad first generation that have upgraded their iTunes software and have been able to work. However, there are issues after upgrading their iPads to the ios5. Some issues were resolved with the newer update of 5.01. You might want to do a search for greater detail. I own the ipad2, so have not experienced any issues.

Good luck.

Thank you. I managed to upgrade my iTunes. I'll probably wait a while before upgrading my iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts