1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can I?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by grumpy1015, May 6, 2011.

1. grumpy1015

grumpy1015 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm expecting delivery of my iPad this afternoon, it's been a long two weeks. My job involves a lot of 'meet and greet', at airports around the country and I usually hold up a piece of paper with a name scribbled on it to pick up my customers. I was wondering if there is an app that would allow me to use the iPad for this purpose?
    Many thanks.

Colin:eek:
  2. wytey

wytey iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    do a search for scribble in the app store, plenty of writing apps, both free and paid
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    For sure there are a lot of Office type apps that would enable you to do this - you can make the font size as large and as colourful as you want and customise it with your company or personal logo to make it more recognisable.
    Almost any of the multitude of Office apps would do this.

Tim
  4. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Any note taking app should be able to do that.

If you want to write the name by hand, either Notes Plus, or Penultimate will work.

For typed notes, any note app will work, such as Pages.

Pages and Penultimate are probably the better choices, as they can hide most of the interface. Or you could just type the name, take a screenshot by pressing Home&Power button and than just show the screenshot when you are standing at the airport.
  5. DM51

DM51 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    There's an app called "Best LED Machine" which lets you turn your screen into a display of whatever message you type into it. You can also choose color, letter size, scrolling speed, etc etc. Large yellow letters scrolling on a dark red background are very eye-catching...
  6. j0yful

j0yful iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Yes! I've come across lots of them in appshopper. one app I have in mind right now is "iAnnounce" ;)