What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I watch direct tv on ipad?

bulldogfan98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have direct tv. Can I watch direct tv or previous shows such as "Damages" on iPad?

Vigor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, but you may need to download some apps to do so like, Netflix or Hulu, while others are iPad-optimized sites that help you find and watch the best TV and movies the Web has to offer. To watch your own colllections you need apps to install apps,too.

scott4399

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have HBO they have a free app called HBOGO. Works awesome. And also. Crackle is another great movie/tv show app. I know directive has an app to change channels on your receiver if it's connected to your network. Also if your directive is a dvr you can set it up to record shows.

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They have streaming too, but no go on jail broken. Can some one help? Btw my Cydia is crashing, what can I do?

lewgarrotto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DirecTv has an app that functions as a remote and if you are a Directv subscriber you can use it to watch live TV on the iPad with Live TV Streaming. The number of channels is somewhat limited and they don't have TV on demand on the iPad. If you subscribe to HBO or Cinemax you can get HBO-GO or Max-Go and they do have TV on demand.

lewgarrotto

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Addendum to above response: Watching Live TV on the iPad also requires that you have a DirecTV HD DVR connected to the same network with internet access that your iPad is connected to.

The On Demand services from HBO and Cinemax are free standing on the iPad as long as you are a subscriber to their respective services.

Most reactions