1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Can I use Verizon Ipad 2 + 3G in Belgium?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Natsroses, May 3, 2011.

1. Natsroses

Natsroses iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all!

I am moving to Belgium in 2 weeks and wanted to know whether I can use the Verizon Ipad 2 + 3G there or if only the AT&T will work.

Thanks for any feedback!!

Nathalie
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    I'm afraid that, as far as 3G is concerned, only the AT&T version will work outside the USA and a very few other countries. Belgium uses GSM - that's the standard that the AT&T iPad uses - but not CDMA (that's the Verizon standard).

But don't despair!! There are plenty of WiFi access points (Hotspots) in Belgium but, even better, you can buy a MiFi unit and then sign up to a local GSM service provider and create a WiFi Hotspot for your iPad. A MiFi is a small - very small - unit that has a GSM SIM card inside and then broadcasts a WiFi signal that your iPad can receive. They can be bought SIM-free or on contract and are a very cost-effective alternative to a 3G iPad.

Tim