What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i use the ipad4 charger to charge up my gopro?

Marc70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
M in a work camp, didn't bring in my wall charger, and I'm wondering if I can use the ipad4 charger on my gopro hero?

OP
Marc70

Marc70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never mind, read the instructions for gopro, they recommend using a 1A charger.
Just thought someone might have tried this with no ill effects.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Never mind, read the instructions for gopro, they recommend using a 1A charger.
Just thought someone might have tried this with no ill effects.

Hi Marc - my first question concerns the cable adapter tip needed for your camera, i.e. assume that it's a mini-USB (but don't know); if so, then the Lightning tip will not fit (unless you have yet another adapter?). The iPad 4 charger offers 12 Watts of power (2.4 amps x 5 volts), so despite the recommended 1 amp charge stated above, many of these devices can take 'more' power which will provide a quicker charge (now I'm not recommending this since I've not given it a try) - my only 'personal experience' is using my iPad 2 charger (10 Watts power) to charge my iPod Touch (also 1 amp requirement) - SO, it might work fine w/ the right adapter but I would check their website to see if there is an 'upper' range for amperage - good luck. Dave :)

JASON HALL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah you can do it as far i know their is nothing to wondering. For surety you can see your iPad wall charger how mush its output is it match to your gopro battery or not.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would try it. Just because they recommend using a 1A charger doesn't mean you can't use the 2A charger from the iPad. The gopro will not draw more power than it is designed to draw...and the 1A recommendation was likely compared to using a charger with less charging current, like a 0.5A charger. That will charger slower than a 1A charger.

As long as your gopro uses a usb connection, the chance of damage is low.

Most reactions