What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can I use it in the UK

hatchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I purchase a new ipad from the US can I use it in the UK without any problems?

Poprocks38

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as you have an iTunes account from the UK, there shouldn't be a problem. Just log in to your usual account.

OP
H

hatchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments I was thinking of buying one on the net from America if it works out the better deal

Setter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just came back from London. I bought a new ipad before I went and it worked beautifully. You will want to download Skype, it works for making all of your calls back home and its simple to use. Also be sure you are connected to wifi at the place you are staying for its use. Tell the people at the store what you are going to do, and you will have to get a data plan that works there.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, whatever works out your deal. And I guess it'll just be fine.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If I purchase a new ipad from the US can I use it in the UK without any problems?

Sure, if you get the new, new iPad (the third generation). However, if you get the iPad2, then be sure to get the AT&T version. The Verizon version of the iPad2 won't work in the UK (it's CDMA - and not compatible with the UK networks).

But, it doesn't matter with the iPad3, as that will work anywhere. Oh, and if you're talking about a WiFi-only iPad, any version you buy will work fine.

Hope that helps.

Marilyn

OP
H

hatchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments Marilyn that was a great help ant

Most reactions

Latest posts