What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i use gps without internet on a ipad2 with 3g?

mateus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Questionnaire: Can i use gps without internet on an ipad2with 3G?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The GPS will work fine. However many of the mapping programs on the iPad (including Maps) need the internet to download the actual map. You can end up with a nice accurate dot on a blank page. Some of these apps will catch map information, so that if you look at the map of the area you are going to while you have an internet connection, you (may) still have a map when you loose the connection.

There are some apps that contain their own maps. Most cost money, but a few are free. Navfree has been recommended by several forum members.

OP
M

mateus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks , but do you know navigation free for THE netherlands?

HedgeHogLuvva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jwt873 said:
GPS is free to use anywhere on the surface of the earth... It's fully funded by U.S. taxpayers.

Yes, but not what they are looking for, a free navigation app that does not require internet access.

No internet access ones are not free, free ones require internet access, or at least i have yet to find one that is free and does not require internet access on the ipad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NavFree is available in the UK & Ireland, most US states and Australia. It's free and does not require an Internet connection once the maps have been downloaded. But it does not cover the Netherlands...:(

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts