What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I use an external hdrive

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I attach an external hdrive to my ipad ?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
spud58

spud58

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi can I use an external hard-drive on an iPAD 2
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The simple answer is NO, i.e. you cannot 'cable' an external HD to the iPad docking station; the CCK (Camera Connection Kit) offers a SD card slot for use w/ a digital camera's storage care or a USB connection for the camera.

NOW, there are a number of portable Wi-Fi drives that either have their own storage (e.g. check the Seagate web site) or inexpensive devices that can accept a storage card - check out this forum HERE and look at the 'stickies' on Apotop Wi-Reader & AirStash (pics below) - I just bought the AirStash which allows me to use a SD camera card to transfer pics back & forth on my iPad using a Wi-Fi network (the link will explain the process) - movies & music can be loaded onto a SD card and streamed to the iPad; other options exist. Good luck in your choice.

airstash_16gb.jpg21Q0Ojar8nL.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've merged the two threads you started on this subject as having two separate threads on the same subject can fragment the resulting discussion, making it difficult to follow, it is also against our rules.

Most reactions