What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I upload video, edit it, post to YouTube.

Megadesertdiesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to upload mp4video to my ipad2 from my go pro camera then edit it and post it on YouTube. Is it possible? I have the USB and sd card adapters already.

Any thoughts or app suggestions for editing and possible conversion?

Fire Fighter 43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I posted a similar question yesterday with little response. You can get the new iMovie app for iPad 2 and edit video on the iPad2. If you watch the video explaining iMovie on Apples web site they mention you can load video from your iPhone or iPod touch and edit it on the iPad2 with the iMovie app. They do not make any reference to uploading from another nonApple source. My question was can I upload from my Kodak Zi6 and edit the video with the iMovie app. I can load the video from my Zi6 to my iPad1 but iPad 1 does not support the new iMovie app. I would guess you can edit it with IMovie on the iPad 2 once it is uploaded through the camera connection kit. I called the Apple store in my area and asked this question and they could not answer it. They redirected me to Apple tech support. Support did not know for sure either but they stated that if you can get the video on to the iPad2 you should be able to edit it with the iMovie app. I hope this helps you. if anyone has used it and can confirm Apples statements please reply. Watch the iMovie demo video here. Apple - iPad - Guided Tours

Last edited:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to upload mp4video to my ipad2 from my go pro camera then edit it and post it on YouTube. Is it possible? I have the USB and sd card adapters already.

Any thoughts or app suggestions for editing and possible conversion?

If you also have the camera connection kit then jack in the mem card and then open photo app on ipad2. You should be prompted to import the video into your camera roll. Then you should be able to edit with imovie from there....or perhaps ReelDirector is also good and has more transistions.

Caraslp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spent ALL day trying to figure this out. I finally did so I hope this helps!

I thought you needed them to be on your iPad camera roll too, but you don't. You need to save your .mov files in a photo album folder. When you sync on iTunes, go to the photos tab. Check the box that says "include videos". The photos (and videos) will appear in iMovie. Voila!!!

Haven't gotten the camera connection kit yet. Everyone at the apple store told me that it would not work to upload videos from my iPhone to my iPad. Everything I've read online said it will work.

Anyway, hope that helped.

OP
M

Megadesertdiesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will be trying a few of them to see what works. I really want to upload straight to my iPad without iTunes.

viettechlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Could you show us a new way because the stupid youtube has changed and how do you get the video in your computer in the first place?

Caraslp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought and used the iPad camera connection kit. I used it with my iPhone to transfer pictures and videos, and it worked easily and flawlessly. I haven't yet used a different camera or sd card, but supposedly this is exactly what this is designed for: to upload photos and videos directly to iPad.
I

Caraslp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out this video on YouTube:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44F85wRgXdQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Then once you get them onto your iPad via camera connection kit, open up iMovie--you can edit them and post to YouTube easily from there. There is an iMovie tutorial on the apple website that shows that part.

Most reactions

Latest posts