What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i upgrade from 4.3.3 to 6.1

Kayvanblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi i have been jailbroken since day. 1 currently i m on 4.3.3. Can i just upgrade / jailbreakuseing the new method..i have never had itune ....do i need to use itune to upgrade to latest firmware (6.1) before i can jailbreak again?

Thanks

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kayvanblue said:
Hi i have been jailbroken since day. 1 currently i m on 4.3.3. Can i just upgrade / jailbreakuseing the new method..i have never had itune ....do i need to use itune to upgrade to latest firmware (6.1) before i can jailbreak again?

Thanks

No go to setting general software update and update to iOS 6.1

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks

Yes, you need the most current version of iTunes to install iOS 6.1. It wasn't until Apple released iOS 5 that you could do the over-the-air updates of new iOS versions. The OTA install is not available to iOSs lower than iOS 5.

As you are on iOS 4.3.3, you will need iTunes to upgrade to iOS 6.1 so that you can use the latest jailbreak tool (evasi0n).

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts