What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i update?

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a jailbroken iPad and It is still on version 4.2.1 and was wondering if it was safe to upgrade and how do i upgrade it?
Cheers

Ben

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure thing. If it is the first gen. Do a restore with iTunes up to 4.3.3. Then Google redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16. If you are using Windows 7 right click on the install file and change it to run in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3. Have the 4.3.3 firmware handy because you will need to point to it in redsnow.

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ALcH3Mi5T said:
Sure thing. If it is the first gen. Do a restore with iTunes up to 4.3.3. Then Google redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc16. If you are using Windows 7 right click on the install file and change it to run in compatibility mode for XP Service Pack 3. Have the 4.3.3 firmware handy because you will need to point to it in redsnow.

Ok, i used greenpoison to jailbreak it will that matter? And where do i get 4.3.3 firmware from?
Cheers
Ben

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipadfan2011 said:
Ok, i used greenpoison to jailbreak it will that matter? And where do i get 4.3.3 firmware from?
Cheers
Ben

Tap on the "redsnow" link in my signature. Explains everything.
Best tutorial on the forum. :)

OP
I

Ipadfan2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is to jailbreak it, I want to update it, I've never done this before and completely new to this,
Sorry for the hassles

Ben

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just don't forget to save blob in Cydia if you have not already... Never know when you need to roll back :p

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's at the bottom of my post. :)
Your sig is "sent from my brand spanking new iPad"

Hint - Not all users are aware of sigs, particularly if they are using the IPF app because the display of sigs is turned OFF by default!

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

ALcH3Mi5T

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts