What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I track my employees with their IPads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laurie_ said:
My youngest 20 and her boy friend are in Washington DC for the 4th and because they know what a worryier I am they turn Find my Friends app for me on their phones.
It works pretty well, but not perfect. I get a general location of where they are, but I can't tell if they are in the Capital building or standing half a block away from it.
Don't know if it's because of the distance about 200 mile a way from me.
I'm thinking that app is at it's best if the parties are with in 20 or so miles. Considering the idea of it is to be able to meet up with friends.

You are best to use the official Apple version. With 3G the location might be slightly more sparse, whereas if they're connected to wifi then the general location of the device will be more precise.

The iDevice Guru

iDeviceGuru

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hpulmer said:
Hi Laurie,
Accuracy does not depend on distance, it takes some time to acquaint the exact location. So when you just start Find my Friends and look for a friend of yours just wait a couple of (in my case one) minutes and a better position will be shown (in my case: looking for a friend having an iPhone 4).

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

Don't forget about the strength of the mobile connection.

The iDevice Guru

Laurie_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I haven't stayed on the map all that long just a quick look here and there. I will wait a minute or two and see if it narrows their location down. I am on wifi and they are using 3 g on their phones

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Find my Friends works fine, though your employees can turn tracking off.

Look at Enterprise profiles to see what you can preconfigure and disable before moving forward.

You can do what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions