What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I tell what caused the ring?

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I set my ringtone for a classic telephone. Earlier today, it rang, however there was no incoming Facetime call and I didn't have skype open. Skype does not show any missed calls. Is there any way to determine why the ipad rang?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Go through Settings > General > Sounds and see what other apps you may set up with that ringtone.

That's all I can think of.

OP
D

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I meant to say that facetime did not show any missed calls.

Under settings general sounds, the setting for "ringtone" is "old phone." That is all I see. I looked at all the available app settings and did not see any sound options. Can I assume that if somebody calls me with facetime, this will invoke the ringtone?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I get the ringtone sound when I make a test call to FaceTime on the iPad.

On the other hand I also get a badge on the icon, and an entry under the Recent and Missed tabs in FaceTime if I don't answer the call.

The badge and other notifications can be change under Settings > Notifications; but I can't think of anything that would keep the missed call from being listed.

Most reactions

Latest posts