What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

can i switch id's on my ipad at any time

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for instance to get apps i bought through another id. or say if i want to facetime my wife who happens to share the same id as me

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
for instance to get apps i bought through another id. or say if i want to facetime my wife who happens to share the same id as me
If you go to Settings>iTunes & App Store and tap on your Apple ID at the top of the page, you can sign out of your account. To sign in with your other Apple ID, go to bottom of the featured page in the App Store and tap the sign in button. From the resulting pop up you can choose to sign in with an existing Apple ID. Enter the details of your other Apple ID and sign in. You can now also FaceTime your wife, who shares your primary Apple ID.

You just follow the same steps whenever you want to change Apple ID's.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As far as FaceTime and Messages go, you can have different iCloud accounts on your iPad's while still keeping the same Apple ID for your purchases. While it is normal to use the same Apple ID for both, it's not required. Doing this also lets you have different calendars, email, and all the other iCloud services; as well as giving each iPad it's own 5GB of iCloud storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts