What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I print straight to my printer

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Guys just wanted to find out if you can print from your iPad straight to a printer.

If it is AirPrint compatible then yes. Most HP Printers are and many other manufacturers are introducing them.

dawz2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smurfette said:
Hi Guys just wanted to find out if you can print from your iPad straight to a printer.

If you install a program called "FingerPrint" on your home PC or Mac (google it). This program allows you to print to any printer that is connected to that PC or Mac as long as you are on the same network. The program is $10, but is better than having to find an AirPrint compatible printer! I have used it a lot at home where my laptop (Windows 7) and my iPad 2 are on the same wifi network. I have also used it at work where my PC (Windows 7) is connected to the network by wire and my iPad on wifi.

Sent from my fairly fuzzy iPad 2.

OP
Smurfette

Smurfette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
donka said:
If it is AirPrint compatible then yes. Most HP Printers are and many other manufacturers are introducing them.

I have a HP printer, do I need an app to be able to print to it.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It depends on the model and whether it supports AirPrint. You can find supported models on the Apple or HP websites.

If its not supported, there is an app called HP Home&Biz that will help.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have given you your own thread for your question as you had posted in another ongoing thread essentially hijacking it. This makes it very confusing to follow the conversation, so in future please begin your own thread for your question!

mikeproctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Printopia which lets you print to any printer connected to your mac. It's $20 so the Fingerprint at less than $10 might be a better option mentioned above. I can say that Printopia works great and installs in the system settings panel. I use it on an old G4 macmini I use as a server.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Printopia or Fingerprint are you able to just use the print function on the iDevice or do you have to also go through some steps on the device?

mikeproctor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
With Printopia or Fingerprint are you able to just use the print function on the iDevice or do you have to also go through some steps on the device?

Once you have the software installed all you do is print from your idevice. You don't have to do anything on the mac end.

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you have the software installed all you do is print from your idevice. You don't have to do anything on the mac end.

Thanks and wow. I just downloaded fingerpprint. I've been wanting something like this for a long time. It works great.

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smurfette said:
I have a HP printer, do I need an app to be able to print to it.

image-1938078259.jpg

The HP app shows a few models but you will have to check the HP site if your printer is not listed under the App details.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

NoNoBadDog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a Netgear router? Netgear has a program called Netgear Genie that allows Air print to print to any networked printer. The printer does not have to be either HP nor air print capable.

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using ipf

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a HP P1102W, I'm very pleased with it. Once it's setup no app is required to print, it just appears as an output device.

Most reactions

Latest posts