What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I print from the ipad?

wallstreet123456

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased my first apple product (Ipad2) and I really love it.

Yesterday my son was using it and was viewing a web page and while viewing he asked me how to print from the Ipad which I have no idea how to do.

I have a wireless HP printer and wanted to know how I can do this? Must I purchase an app to do this and if so which one should I buy?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
wallstreet123456 said:
I just purchased my first apple product (Ipad2) and I really love it.

Yesterday my son was using it and was viewing a web page and while viewing he asked me how to print from the Ipad which I have no idea how to do.

I have a wireless HP printer and wanted to know how I can do this? Must I purchase an app do do this and if so which one should I buy?

Thanks for your help.

Welcome to our friendly forum, it won't be long before your answer will come through.

Ipad007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, ipad can print natively thru airprint. its built in. now u have to have a printer that is airprint enabled. if not, theres an app in the app store called print n share. itll let u print to any printer thru wifi or other methods. anf the printer doesnt have to be airprint enabled. print n share is like the do it all printing program for ipad.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I knew one of you guys would be close behind. Hello 007! My hubby loves those films, our favourite is Sean Connery and no we aren't that old.

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to hp web site
They have an app called " hp eprint " for ipad2. Download and install it.
It works good for me.
Dickster

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will print n share app allow you to print web pages too?

Your printer may be directly compatible with the iPad.

You can check the list here

Apple - iPad - Print right from your iPad with AirPrint.

If it's on that list, then you will be able to print directly without any third-party app. If it's not, then one of the suggestions provided by other Forum members will work just fine.

Don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any further problems. Printing does cause some 'issues' with members, so you might need a little patience. I use Print N Share and it works just fine with my Samsung printer - definitely not AirPrint compatible - so don't worry, you will be able to print but it may take a bit of 'research'.

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order for AirPrint (or Bonjour) to work, you need either a networked printer (connected to your router) or a wireless printer connected to a mac or mac hub.

Jeff

wnaylor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also use 'Airprint' without any other app if you share your computer's printers and you leave your computer running.

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looking at Print N Share, there are a lot of negative remarks. Apparently there are simply some printers that it won't support, and the dev won't give a refund. Does anyone know if Print N Share will print DIRECTLY to a Brother MFC-8840D? I sent the dev an email but they said they hadn't tested it for direct print. I don't want to throw $9 away. Thanks!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a look at the Brother site.....Looks like a no. I am going to have a new printer shortly, but will be network and wifi. Seems that if you run a mac or use a mac hub most but not all printers will work.

NCTurner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had a look at the Brother site.....Looks like a no. I am going to have a new printer shortly, but will be network and wifi. Seems that if you run a mac or use a mac hub most but not all printers will work.

Vintage, where did you find that? I had looked at Brother's site and couldn't find anything on it. My printer is a network printer, and I have it hooked up directly to my router, not my PC. Can you post a link? Thanks!

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, First thing to check is that you have Bonjour installed on your PC. Can you tell me what os you are using? Win7 32 or 64 Vista etc.?

I will find the link for AirPrint via bonjour and post it in a minute

Jeff

Most reactions