What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i pair iphone 4 to ipad 2

trace3186

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, iv had IPhones for year iv just going in to thr world of iPads, iv got a iPad 2 on order, iv been told I can pair my phone to iPad to use Internet when out and about, by Bluetooth or the hotspot, is it easy to do and can I do it.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
trace3186 said:
Hi, iv had IPhones for year iv just going in to thr world of iPads, iv got a iPad 2 on order, iv been told I can pair my phone to iPad to use Internet when out and about, by Bluetooth or the hotspot, is it easy to do and can I do it.

It's called Hotspot on the iPhone and is dependent on the iPhone phone carrier, it is easy to do but you need to check with your cell contract provider if they support Hotspot functionality.

etop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, it's quite easy. On your iPhone, go to 'settings', which will take you to a vertical list of items. 'personal hotspot' is the 3rd on this list. Touch the > sign next to it and it will take you to an interface where you can turn personal hotspot on, making your iPhone a hotspot. You can then connect to this hotspot via wifi (using the wifi password shown) or Bluetooth. To connect using wifi, go to settings on your iPad then touch 'general' which is the 7th on the list that comes up, on the right hand side, touch 'network', then 'wifi'. Put wifi on, and choose the name of your iPhone from the list of networks ( you must have named your iPhone before this by following this path on your iphone - settings > general > about > name >) and type in the wifi password on request. You are connected when you see 2 interlocking rings at the top left corner of your iPad and a blue band at the top of your iPhone that says 'personal hotspot: 1 connection'. Hope this helps

OP
T

trace3186

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool thank iv got it today so I have a play about :)

Most reactions

Latest posts