What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I load an Ipad application on 2 devices?

0pawwap0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i will buy an application in ipad that is compatible also in iphone 4? Does this make it free in iphone since i already purchase the apps in ipad?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - Apple allow you to install the app on up to 5 compatible devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) as long as those devices are registered with the same iTunes account.

Tim

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Id definitely like to see more universal apps, saves buying the same app twice.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I took 6 minutes to answer that question - I'm slipping. :( - I can feel another demotion coming on....

I should have mentioned, too, for the OP that - if you buy the app on, say, your iPad you can then directly load it onto, say, your iPhone if both are registered with the same iTunes account, as I've already mentioned. However, when you go through the process in the App Store it might look initially as though you're going to be charged for it, but - at the very last minute - iTunes will say 'Already purchased' and you'll be charged nothing. But be sure the two devices are on the same iTunes account or else you will be charged a second time....

Tim

Reaction score
I took 6 minutes to answer that question - I'm slipping. :( - I can feel another demotion coming on....

Tim

You're still awesome in my book
Maybe they'll just make you do paperwork as punishment.
B.o.t. I tried using apps on both of my ipads on different accounts, not knowing you can't, and they worked fine until updates for them came. My wife tried to put in her password to update a couple that I had bought and Apple shut her account down. A lengthy call to tech support was needed to get her ipad account working again.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
0pawwap0

0pawwap0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mountainbikermark said:
You're still awesome in my book
Maybe they'll just make you do paperwork as punishment.
B.o.t. I tried using apps on both of my ipads on different accounts, not knowing you can't, and they worked fine until updates for them came. My wife tried to put in her password to update a couple that I had bought and Apple shut her account down. A lengthy call to tech support was needed to get her ipad account working again.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

What calls did she make? Does she call the apple admisnistrator ornsomething?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Yes - Apple allow you to install the app on up to 5 compatible devices (iPad, iPhone, iPod) as long as those devices are registered with the same iTunes account.

Tim

There is no limit to the number of idevices you can have apps on using the same account. The limit of five applies to authorising iTunes accounts on pc/macs.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

There is no limit to the number of idevices you can have apps on using the same account. The limit of five applies to authorising iTunes accounts on pc/macs.

Is that not what he said?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
No he said on upto five compatible devices (iPad, iPhone etc), there is no limit to the number of iPads, iPhones etc, that can use apps on the same account. As I said the limit of five applies to authorising iTunes on a pc or mac with the same account.

OP
0pawwap0

0pawwap0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My girlfriend bought asphalt 6 on iphone, we install it in my ipad and my iphone, but in the apps store in my girfriends iphone it is not say install, it allow us to buy it again even using the same account...how does that happend?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
As long as your using the same account, when you hit buy it will say you have already purchased this, do you wish to download it again?

If you are really worried about it charging you again, sync your iPad or iPhone to your iTunes library, so it copies into your library, then sync your girlfriends iPhone to get it from the library.

OP
0pawwap0

0pawwap0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
As long as your using the same account, when you hit buy it will say you have already purchased this, do you wish to download it again?

If you are really worried about it charging you again, sync your iPad or iPhone to your iTunes library, so it copies into your library, then sync your girlfriends iPhone to get it from the library.

Tnx for the info. Hope that will works., im Afraid that it will charge me again.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
As I said if your really worried, do it via syncing to your iTunes library, that way your copying what you've already downloaded rather than risking paying again. However like I said as long it's definitely the same account you'll just get the already purchased message.

Most reactions

Latest posts