What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I have Apple store accounts in two countries?

davidinmelbourne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a resident of both Thailand and Australia and want to download apps from both iTunes stores to my iPad. It seems one Apple ID can only be attached to the store of one country, but if I had two separate ID's (I have credit cards in both countries) then could I download apps from both and have them on my iPad and also iTunes on my PC. I'm worried if I register and download from Thailand I will end up losing all the apps purchased from Australia. Anyone able to help?

Reaction score
You can have up to 5 different Apple accounts activated on the iPad. So you can download apps, etc. from both countries. You don't loose anything by using multiple accounts.

But you may have to change the account under Settings->Store, depending from which country you want to download something.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to set up 2 accounts and providing you have addresses in each country it is fine. One can download from either store and sync to all devices. When you get an update for say an App all you do is put in the user name and password for that store and the App will update. Music, movies etc is the same
Any questions please send PM to me

OP
D

davidinmelbourne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice - that is what I had hoped but was just making sure ... In my early experiences with iTunes I was forever docking the wrong iPod into one of several PC's we use in the family and ending up in a tangle, and the addition of two iPods and 4 iPhones between two different countries creates a multivariate analysis matrix that I am finding a challenge.

That question resolved, all that remains is something i suspect lies in a future software upgrade from Apple. Habing moved from BlackBerry to iPhone in a corporate environment (hats off to the person that made that decision) and managing across multiple time zones if someone would help me to set up calendar entries and invitations from the iPhone in a time zone different to the zone the device is set to, I would be delirious with joy rather than just happy the first question has been solved. Many thanks.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use gmail and gcal as a central email / calendar house all emails from 4 accounts plus calendars are forwarded to gmail then available on any one of 2 iPhones 2 ipads and a MacBook using informant Hd on all ipads plus on iPhone with informant. What ever changes are made to any device either in apple cal or in informant are updated in seconds on every device regardless of time zones
I donot know if that will work for you however after owning 3 blackberries I found this was a far better solution than what was offered by Rim's software

I also installed "week cal hd" app as it also syncs with gmail cal I can color code different calendars easily I just like it's layout for quick view

Summary.
I have different days off rdo to my partner Hers are red mine are blue she makes changes regarding her days off both ipads plus 2 iPhones and MacBook are updated
I have to attend a training session on a specific date I make change in informant on iPhone she gets change next time she opens cal or informant Alarms also work fine Hope this helps

Last edited:

TeckniX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you guys deal with the credit card question? Don't you need a valid credit card from each country?
It's really annoying not to be able to just get an account for only free downloads

TeckniX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind ... found it - under the payment type, you just say 'none'

Most reactions

Latest posts