What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i facetime from my 4s to ipad3 wifi only without useing wifi on the 4s?

Adrian23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello iam trying to facetime from the ipad3 wifi only to 4S but it keeps saying its busy or not avaliable. Does my 4s need to be conected to a wifi connection to be able to facetime period? Anyway to facetime useing emails maybe?

adrian

Not understanding how this works.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The forthcoming iOS 6 update will allow FaceTime over cellular networks.

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As an experiment, I just FaceTimed my iPad3 with my iPhone 4s, both on the same wifi, and it works. You'll get some audio feedback if the devices are too close though.
So, you can FaceTime yourself. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5er driver said:
As an experiment, I just FaceTimed my iPad3 with my iPhone 4s, both on the same wifi, and it works. You'll get some audio feedback if the devices are too close though.
So, you can FaceTime yourself. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

I've tried this a while back with a friends 4s, did anyone notice any delay with it ringing on one end but not on the other?

Most reactions

Latest posts