What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I exist with an iPad and no computer?

rebeccaj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm about to retire. I love my iPad 2 and my iphone 5. My laptop died recently.

Anyone have an opinion as to whether I should replace my computer or is it possible to make do with just my iPad? (And iPhone)

I've been thinking maybe an air printer and updating my iPad every so often would be enough.

Thoughts? Advice?

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd say no, Rebecca. There are just too many things we can't do yet on the iPad, or can't do comfortably. The two devices are really complementary, not redundant. Wouldn't change my iPad for anything though!

SparkyScott21

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I think it depends on what you really want to do with it.

If you want to do just email and light web browsing, then yes.

Light printing as well, just as a simple computer, then yes, maybe an iPad would be alright, no intensive gaming though.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Rebecca and good luck on your decision...you can definitely give it a try and see if it works for you :)!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It all depends on your exact needs....I would, if I were going to attempt iPad only, at least get a bluetooth keyboard. But I tend to agree with the others, at least one laptop would get the bases completely covered. A nice MacBook Air or Pro, or even a Windows laptop.

Karlomdv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I broke my laptop and yea ive been using this ipad for nearly a year without a pc although i cant play some games. But i decided to jailbreak my ipad and now i have a waay better experience :)

Most reactions

Latest posts