What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I download books from Barnes&Noble?

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How cool is this I ask you. I have been trippin about this book, The Socipath Next Door. I paid for that one and I thought it was lost forever to the person that bought my Nook.

Nope. I am so excited!

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Diane was telling you. I don't have any archived books but if I did, and she implied your 8 books might be archived, you would find it here. Usually when you first enter the app, or you buy your first book in the app, you are walked through the process of setting up your account. When you shop for books the app will remember you and your information so that it will easily sell you a book. I like the Nooks lending ability--which allows me to lend my book to someone else. But I'm the only one I know who uses an iPad for reading and I cannot see how this feature works.

8ec4489d.png

Matt! I don't think I ever thanked you for this post. Forgive me. I have been really sick this week:(

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marie

I still have my Nook, but I read all my books with the iPad Barns and Noble app. You just need to sign in to the account you originally registered your Nook under. I does not matter that you sold your Nook

krenopus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.tai-tastigon.com
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but...

I purchased a nook book on my iPad. Downloaded and read the book. I really like the book! Contrary to most of you, I "TRUELY" hate the Nook app. I didn't see anywhere, here, a way to move the Nook book to any other reader... can it be done?

I have an iPad 2 and I don't think I've sync'd with my PC since I bought it ...

I'm tired of having to "login" to the Nook app, every time I wish to reread this book AND then have to re-download it...

Kren

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, books bought for the Nook have to be read with the Nook (or the Nook app). Most major booksellers have Digital Rights Management (DRM) coding on their books. This is what prevents you from reading that e-book on another device or app.

Sorry, but unless you buy DRM-free books, I'm afraid it's the Nook app for reading.

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the Nook app and don't have to sign in or re-download to read my Nook books. Is there a setting somewhere that you have missed?

carolstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have over 300 books on nooks, i Just got the nook app. free then connected my Ipad tocomputer and syn and they are all on my ipad.I did have the same E-mail address and passwrod;Hope this helps

Most reactions

Latest posts