What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I change country of my iPad temporarily

fancypants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I live in Canada with a canadian ipad. I am in Florida for the next two months and would like to change my
Country setting to USA in order to be able to take advantage of the nhl app for seeing hockey games on my iPad for the next two months.
My question is if I do this and then buy this package will I be able to change back to Canada when I go back home and do not need this app any longer.
Second question is if I go ahead and change will it mess up anything else on my iPad Like my emails etc etc
Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the app is not available in the Canadian App Store, you‘ll have to change your Apple ID to the US App Store. It was possible to change the current ID to a different country, if you don‘t use Family Sharing or have an Apple Music Membership. No idea whether or not this is still possible.
Go to Settings - your name - iTunes & App Store, select it, then tap your Apple ID. Choose „View Apple ID“, enter your password, on the next page, select Country & Region. If you can change the country, you can do it there.

If that‘s not possible, it‘ll be necessary to create an Apple ID for the US Apple Store. You can also do it in Settings. You‘ll need a different email address and a payment option (maybe None is also an option). Tap your Apple ID and sign out, then create a new one.

It‘s also possible to change your country in the General settings, but that won‘t help getting an app from the App Store: in Settings - General - Language & Region, select the iPad language and region you prefer.

Hope that helps.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Canada with a canadian ipad. I am in Florida for the next two months and would like to change my
Country setting to USA in order to be able to take advantage of the nhl app for seeing hockey games on my iPad for the next two months.
My question is if I do this and then buy this package will I be able to change back to Canada when I go back home and do not need this app any longer.
Second question is if I go ahead and change will it mess up anything else on my iPad Like my emails etc etc
Thanks.
The NHL app is available in Canada as well. I have it on my iPad.

OP
F

fancypants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the app is not available in the Canadian App Store, you‘ll have to change your Apple ID to the US App Store. It was possible to change the current ID to a different country, if you don‘t use Family Sharing or have an Apple Music Membership. No idea whether or not this is still possible.
Go to Settings - your name - iTunes & App Store, select it, then tap your Apple ID. Choose „View Apple ID“, enter your password, on the next page, select Country & Region. If you can change the country, you can do it there.

If that‘s not possible, it‘ll be necessary to create an Apple ID for the US Apple Store. You can also do it in Settings. You‘ll need a different email address and a payment option (maybe None is also an option). Tap your Apple ID and sign out, then create a new one.

It‘s also possible to change your country in the General settings, but that won‘t help getting an app from the App Store: in Settings - General - Language & Region, select the iPad language and region you prefer.

Hope that helps.
Thank you J.A. I will look into your suggestions.

OP
F

fancypants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The NHL app is available in Canada as well. I have it on my iPad.
Scifan57,
Yes, I see it is available in Canada but you must be a roger subscriber which I am not. I live in Quebec an deal with VidĂ©otron so that won’t work for me. While in Florida it keeps kicking me over to the Canadian site (Rogers) and while down here I would like to be able to sign up as an American.

Most reactions

Latest posts