What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I backup a a jailbroken iPad with iTunes

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am just about to Jailbreak my iPad(3rd Gen) and was wondering if I can still use iTunes to backup and restore my Apps and config afterwards (non Cydia of course)?

If that is the case, can someone advise on how I would backup seperately, the Cydia side of things?

Any advice would be grateful.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All of you standard apps, data, media, etc. will continue to backup as normal using either iTunes or iCloud, whichever you choose. Jailbreaking should normally never prevent your iPad from working as it is supposed to do.

For Cydia / Jailbreak apps, tweaks, and settings, my recommendation is always PkgBackup which is available from the Cydia store once you jailbreak. See here for details - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...p-safeguard-your-jailbreak-apps-settings.html

OP
I

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response!

This gives me more confidence jailbreaking.

Looks like a whole new world out there waiting once I free the iPad.

amaya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi i need help on my jailbroken ipad when i jailbreak it it was working fine but then there some apps in cydia need to update i update them but when i got back to home screen the apps are small to it normal size the youtube ,calendar , app store ... ect all apps are small and the some app does not show but when you click on home bottom 2 it show and whenever i enter the setting it shows black screen whenever i enter any app black screen shows please help i want it back to normal as before even the whatsapp is removed

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds as if you have a tweak installed that is incompatible with your iPad (e.g. it's an iPhone tweak only) or your iOS. Or both.

Think back to the most recent tweaks you installed. Then, go back to Cydia and uninstall those tweaks. Then, your iPad should have a proper appearance.

If you can't think of which tweaks you installed, or if removing the last one(s) didn't help, may I ask that you list all the tweaks you have installed. Maybe we can help yu ID the culprit.

Good luck.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to hear it.

Zeppelin was recently updated to version 1.1 to add IOS 6 support, but this update seems to have fundamentally broken iPad functionality :(

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Glad to hear it.

Zeppelin was recently updated to version 1.1 to add IOS 6 support, but this update seems to have fundamentally broken iPad functionality :(

Wouldn't a test have revealed this problem before the developers released it?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wouldn't a test have revealed this problem before the developers released it?

Yes, but many developers do not test for iPad (many are bedroom / hobby coders who only have access to a single device). The developer of Zeppelin is a 16 year old (not that there is anything wrong with that)

They tend to be entirely focused on iPhone, a fact which adding "6.0" support to a tweak betrays. You can't have a jailbroken 6.0 iPad device yet...

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Yes, but many developers do not test for iPad (many are bedroom / hobby coders who only have access to a single device). The developer of Zeppelin is a 16 year old (not that there is anything wrong with that)

They tend to be entirely focused on iPhone, a fact which adding "6.0" support to a tweak betrays. You can't have a jailbroken 6.0 iPad device yet...

That's one of the main risks when jailbreaking, then, the fact that there is nobody that vets the apps and tweaks before they're made available.

Most reactions

Latest posts